WELCOME to worship in the Lutheran Church of Our Saviour, Rochester NY. May you find strength for Christian living in our worship, ministries & fellowship! Please join us in the larger gathering area after & before each service.
Our church is located at 2415 Chili Ave. in the town of Gates NY, with Parking is off the Kernwood Dr. side street.
Our facility is handicapped accessible and have an elevator between floors.
For the hearing impaired, our church is equipped with a Hearing Aid Audio Loop. Set your hearing aid in T-Coil mode to take advantage of this. We also have a low power broadcast on 87.8 MH FM. Ask for FM receiver, earphones or assistance from the usher.
The Lutheran Church of Our Saviour is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) www.elca.org
- We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
- We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father; through him all things were made.
- For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary and became truly human.
- For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried.
- On the third day he rose again in accordance with the scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son,* who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
- We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church.
- We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
- We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.
SACRAMENT OF HOLY COMMUNION
All baptized Christians are invited to receive Holy Communion. The Biblical understanding of the Real Presence of Christ is we receive Jesus’ true body and blood, given and shed for the forgiveness of sins, with the bread and wine. There are a few cups in the Individual Cup Set with white grape juice. Children who do not commune may come forward to receive a blessing.
In the night in which he was betrayed, our Lord Jesus took bread, and gave thanks; broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying: Take and eat; this is my body, given for you. Do this for the remembrance of me.
Again, after supper, he took the cup, gave thanks, and gave it for all to drink, saying: This cup is the new covenant in my blood, shed for you and for all people for the forgiveness of sin. Do this for the remembrance of me.
SACRAMENT OF HOLY BAPTISM
God, who is rich in mercy and love, gives us a new birth into a living hope through the sacrament of baptism. The power of sin is put to death in this holy flood, and we are raised with Jesus Christ to new life. We are united with all the baptized in the one body of Christ, anointed with the gift of the Holy Spirit, and sent out in mission for the life of the world.
Lutheran Church of Our Savior